- This event has passed.
Learn Google Analytics and SEO for Business
March 7 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Who is visiting your website? Do they like what they see? Or are they turned off immediately only to visit your competitors site? To answer these questions for your own business or organisation, you will need to become acquainted with the free online tool known as “Google Analytics”.
This full-day course will delve into ways to use Google Analytics to gather more meaningful data, analyze it better and make your website perform. From basic definitions to event tracking to cross-domain tracking and even how to optimise your website to be found by potential clients, this course will cover it for you!
We offer a full day of training, including an introduction and the implementation of Google Analytics and the latter half of the day on how to optimise your business website to greater prominence in search engines or “SEO”.
Session One Will Cover:
- What are we trying to figure out with analytics?
- How does Google Analytics work?
- What do the metrics mean? Which ones do we care about?
- Acquisition: How did they get here?
- Where do visitors come from?
- Direct, referring sites, search engines and keywords
- And much more…
Session Two: SEO for Business Will Cover:
- What is Search Engine Optimisation and where did it come from
- Overview of successful SEO strategies from 5 years ago and successful SEO strategies of today
- How Google works and why SEO is essential for any successful website
- The core concepts to manage your website’s technical SEO
- How Content Management Systems come into play for managing successful SEO campaigns
- Off-site SEO and how to generate interest in your website
- How social media influences successful SEO campaigns
- How to research your audience online through Google’s free market research tools
- How to optimise your website to increase the chances of being found by your audience and customers
- New essential technologies for SEO campaigns including SSL certificates and Accelerated Mobile Pages
- How to create a successful SEO strategy
- How to track the performance of your SEO campaigns with free tools including Google Analytics discussed in session one.
Our trainer, Michael Cropper is Managing Director of Contrado Digital, working every day with large UK corporations specifically in the material he’ll be teaching – so you’ll get real-world tips and someone who can answer the difficult questions.
Members: £149; Affiliate: £179; Non-Members: £199
Chamber Training and Events Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Or by telephone 01253 347063